Bellevue Park
lamp

T his Park was dedicated as a public reserve in 1886 and before the construction of Yileena Street extended as far as the original Public School, now the Masonic Hall. When the present War Memorial was built in 1923 the original arch at the top of Honour Gardens was moved into its present position as the entry to the park.



A monument(left) to commemorate the centenary of the crossing of the Blue Mountains was erected in 1913 and for many years was lit by three acetylene lamps.

return to the Lawson Map