Honour Gardens and Honour Avenue

Photos show the Cenotaph and bottome entrance arch to Honour Gardens

Sir William Davidson K.C.M.G. Governor of N.S.W., unveiled the cenotaph on 27th April 1923.

Sir John Sulman at that time a resident of Lawson drew up plans for the layout of trees in the Avenue and following Council approval in 1928 supervised the work, including a major stone retaining wall, without fee.

Trees and palms were planted, at least thirty five memorial plaques have been placed at the base of trees. More trees have recently been planted at the south end of the Honour Gardens.